Carry your Membership Keeper directory on your iPhone or access even more Membership Keeper capabilities on your iPad.
- Go to the App Store on your iPhone and download/install the free FileMaker Go App.
- Open the FileMaker Go App
- Click in the lower right hand corner on the “Hosts” button. Click on “Add Host”. Enter the Host Address (your solution must be hosted with FileMaker Server or with a FileMaker hosting provider or use a copy of your solution). Enter the Host Name.
- Put in the file name (which will be something like MembershipKeeper.fmp12 but contain the name of your organization).
- Enter User Name & Password then click Go or Next (Not Log In as Guest)
Once you have the file open you can click on the tabs at the top to look at Students, Staff and Parents. In the search bar at the top you can search based not only on name but also by room number or other criteria. For example, enter “210” and you’ll get a found set of the students in Room 210! Or under the Parents tab you can enter a PTA board position such as "President".
Also, click on the little gray icons to the right of contact information to email someone, go to Google Maps, view a website or make a phone call! Also, if a student has more than one household (for example, divorced parents) a little gray house icon will appear next to the student’s household info and it will jump you down to the other household's information.
At the bottom you can see banner ads (your organization may want to sell banner ads).
If you click on “Devices” at the bottom center of your iPhone screen in the FileMaker Go app, feel free to clear out the following files that came with the app (Assets, Contacts, Content Management, Invoices) because they are not necessary for using Membership Keeper.
Membership Keeper can be accessed on an iPad too with the same instructions for the iPhone, however, there is access to more capabilities on the iPad.