Integratis Incorporated solutions are relational database solutions which are a collection of information that can be organized, updated, sorted, searched, analyzed and printed as needed. It is composed of related tables, (such as Students, Staff, and Contacts). Each table contains one or more records which hold all the information about one subject (such as the home address and phone number of a staff member). Each piece of information in a record is stored, calculated or displayed in a field (such as first name, middle name, last name). The type of information entered in a field is determined by its field definition which can be text, number, date, time, container (graphic, sound, or movie items), calculation, summary (summary of values in the field for a group of records) or global (one value to be used in all records of a file).
There are four modes of operation: 1) Browse is where records and field values can be viewed, added, changed, sorted, omitted and deleted; 2) Layout determines how information is presented on your screen or printed. Layouts are designed for specific tasks such as data entry, lists, or reports. Access to some layouts is limited to the database administrator. 3) Find searches for particular records that meet a set of criteria, called the found set, and returns to Browse mode. To find records, type search criteria into fields in a find request. 4) Preview shows on screen how data in records, forms, or reports will look when it is printed.
Membership Keeper is composed of an Interface File and a Data File. Most interaction with your data should happen in the Interface file:
Interface and Data Files
To add a record:
-If it is a ‘major’ record (like Contacts, Staff or Students), click "New" at the top of your window. If it is a ‘minor’ record (like a Household or Interest) click on the little “+” symbol which is usually in the upper right corner of the section where the new record is desired.
To delete a record:
-If it is a ‘major’ record (like Contacts, Staff or Students), click "Delete" at the top of your window. If it is a ‘minor’ record (like a Household or Interest) click on the "trashcan” symbol which is usually at the end of a record’s row. It is highly recommended that a backup is made prior to deleting because using these buttons are irreversible.
To enter data in a record:
- Click in a field and type your data.
- Select the data from a value list if the field is formatted to display values with a pop-up list, pop-up menu, check boxes, or radio buttons.
To move to a field:
- Click in the field where you want to enter data.
- Press Tab to move to the next field in the tab order.
- Press Shift+Tab to move to the previous field in the tab order.
To advance records:
-Utilize the triangular arrow buttons in the gray bar at the top left of the window to go to the next record or use the slider.
Data Files Only
To move to a record:
- Press Command-Tab on the Mac OS or Ctrl+Down Arrow on Windows to move to the next record, or click on the right page of the book icon in the upper left corner if the gray Status Area to the left is not hidden.
- Press Command-Shift-Tab on the Mac OS or Ctrl+Up Arrow on Windows to move to the previous record, or click on the left page of the book icon in the upper left corner if the gray Status Area to the left is not hidden.
To add and delete a record:
-To add a new record, choose New Record from the Records menu.
-To duplicate a record, go to the record you want to duplicate and choose
Duplicate Record from the Records menu:
-To delete the current record, choose Delete Record from the Records menu. It is highly recommended that a backup is made prior to deleting because deleting is irreversible.
For more indepth information regarding Filemaker, refer to the FileMaker® website: http://www.filemaker.com